ALUMNI & FRIENDS
Welcome from Alumni Association President Steve Wurtz '08:
Dear Alumni & Friends:
Since 1865, men and women have attended Peirce to gain the benefits associated with a professionally-based course of study. Peirce alumni have gone on to use their education to contribute to the businesses and communities in which they have lived and worked for almost 150 years.
I am proud to serve as President of the Alumni Association, which connects graduates to one another and to the College for the mutual benefit of all. Check out the information on the following pages to find out how you can be a more engaged in the Peirce network: attend a social event, hire an alum or student, support the Annual Fund, identify an admissions candidate, or attend a CDS workshop.
If you have an idea about how we can better connect with you, our alumni, please let me know - our goal is to make participation in the Peirce College Alumni Association be a fun, relevant, and meaningful extension of your Peirce experience. Thanks for your support.
Steve Wurtz '08
Peirce College Alumni Association
The Peirce College Alumni Association represents ALL 17,000+ graduates of Peirce. It keeps its members connected to the College through benefits, services, events and learning opportunities, creating a lifelong sense of community among all graduates.
The Board of Directors is the Alumni Association's governing body and works with the College's administration to develop the relationship alumni have with one another and with the College. The Board is led by a President, Vice President and Secretary - click here for a complete list of our Board members» Board members can serve up to two (2) consecutive two-year terms; elections are held annually in the spring.
Get involved! Graduates can assist the Association and the College through involvement in student recruitment, career networking and placement, hosting and planning of alumni events and activities, and other volunteer opportunities. Contact the Office of Institutional Advancement if you would like to learn more about being a part of the Association's activities.
Association programs include:
- Admissions programs involve alumni in identifying and recruiting potential students, sharing information about and communicating enthusiasm for their Peirce experience within the communities they live and work.
- Career Development Services assists alumni and current students with career guidance, networking, mentorship and accessing work opportunities.
- Outreach opportunities take advantage of print, electronic and social media to give Peirce alumni the information they need to be better connected to their fellow alumni and to the College.
- Chapters will promote connections among alumni through the lens of the academic program in which they participated, professional area in which they work, geographic area in which they live or other related affinities like Greek affiliation, athletics or social activity.
- Awards will be presented by the Association to individuals whose service to the College and community reflect the very best qualities gained through their Peirce education.
Your Peirce experience doesn't end at Commencement - learn more about your benefits as a graduate of the College.
- Career Development Services assists alumni and current students with career guidance, networking, mentorship and accessing work opportunities. Click here for more information about opportunities to work toward your career goals»
- The Viola Gill Gutè '17 Library at Peirce offers a range of services for alumni of the College.
- Auditing Courses is an option for alumni who meet certain conditions established by the College. Students or alumni who wish to audit a course in which they have not previously received credit must pay full tuition for the requested course. click here for more information»
- Peirce Perspectives, the quarterly alumni newsletter, keeps alumni informed about what's happening at the College, gives news of our alumni and talks about the impact Peirce is having on our students and the community. An online archive can be found by clicking here»
- Social Media allows our alumni to get news from the College on a timely basis, as well as connect with fellow members of the Peirce Alumni Network. Peirce stays in touch with our alumni via the College's blog - Peirce Connections, Facebook and Twitter.
- Transcripts of alumni records are available through the National Student Clearinghouse, which has been authorized by Peirce to provide transcript ordering via the Web. Click here for more information»
- The Bookstore has a variety of apparel and accessories available for purchase; click here for details»
- Returning Students are welcomed back at Peirce! For those who have been away for more than a year and want to get back on track to achieving your educational goals, click here for more details»
- Tuition Grants allow children, grandchildren and spouses of Peirce alumni to apply for a maximum amount of 25% of tuition (fees and books are excluded from this grant). Click here for more details»
- Refer a Student to Peirce College and we will waive the $50 admission fee. When your candidate enrolls successfully you will be a member of the Peirce Ambassadors Program. Click here for more details»
- Enterprise Car Share Peirce College has recently formed a partnership with EnterpriseCarShare to afford students and alumni with discounted memberships to the car sharing organization.
To register and for more details, visit the special Peirce College page on the EnterpriseCarShare site.
- TD Bank Peirce has joined TD Bank's Affinity Membership Program, which provides the College the opportunity to earn annual cash contributions. Here's how it works: TD Bank will contribute a percentage of the annual balance in every one of your accounts which are held at the Bank. Checking, savings, money market, CDs and retirement accounts are all included. This donation comes as a contribution from TD Bank and does not come out of your account. The College will have no access to your personal banking information, and TD Bank does all of the accounting – we just receive a contribution from the Bank.
Here's how you can help: If you bank at any TD Bank location, you can let a Customer Service representative know that you want your account linked to the Peirce College's Affinity Program – our code is A3409. Or you can connect with Peirce alumna Mary Primus '99 at the Center City location at 1900 Market Street or by calling 215-568-0900 to have her walk you through enrolling.
Reacquaint yourself with former classmates, network with professionals in your field, learn how to manage your career more effectively, meet with fellow graduates who live and work in your community - connect with the members of the Peirce College Alumni Association at one of these events. For more information, contact email@example.com or 215.670.9323.
Monday, May 19, 2014
5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
The annual celebration of the Peirce alumni community offers opportunity for meeting up with old acquaintances and networking with your fellow graduates. The Alumni Association will also present the Distinguished Alumni Award to Frank Brodsky '53 and the Distinguished Service Award to Clement (Clem) Piscitelli '48. Alumni are welcome to bring one guest to join in the evening's festivities, which will also include receptions focused on our academic program areas.
Register online here, or call 215.670-9323.
Saturday, May 31, 2014
3400 Girard Avenue, Philadelphia
9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Peirce College invites you and yours to join us for a Family Day at the Philadelphia Zoo! Get together with the Peirce family for a day of fun. The event will be heald rain or shine.
Tickets are $12 per person for individuals over age two (kids under two are free) and must be bought in advance.
Buy tickets online here, or call 215.670.9323.
Fabio and Danny's Station Cafe
Saturday, June 7, 2014
135 North Wayne Avenue, Wayne, PA
5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Have fun with your fellow alumni in the historic setting of the Wayne train station. The Paoli/Thorndale SEPTA tran stops right at the Cafe. Enjoy a light buffet and beverages.
Free! Register online here, or call 215.670.9323.
Thank you very much for considering making a gift to Peirce College. Your support and generosity benefits our students. Personal contributions to the College can be made in the form of an outright gift. Many other types of donations are accepted as well.
Make an online donation through our secure server.
CORPORATE MATCHING GIFTS
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer and send it completed and signed with your gift. The impact of your gift to Peirce may be doubled or possibly tripled! Some companies also match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
CREDIT CARD GIFTS
We gratefully accept gifts by major credit cards. Gifts can be charged to Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express by calling the Office of Institutional Advancement at 1.888.467.3472, ext. 9323.
Peirce welcomes gifts of appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual funds. Please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at 1.888.467.3472, ext. 9323 for assistance when considering or making gifts of appreciated securities.
Making a memorial gift to Peirce College is a wonderful way to honor and remember an individual who was admired, loved and respected. Your gift is a lasting tribute to the important part that he or she played in your life and/or in the College. It can establish a permanent link with the past and encourages others to participate in a vision for the future.
Memorial gifts can be established as outright gifts to the College, by including a bequest in your will or through creating an endowment to fund a special program or project.
A planned gift may enable you to satisfy personal financial planning needs in addition to providing Peirce College with important, long-term support. Some plans may provide income for life (or a term of years), an immediate income tax charitable deduction or avoidance of capital gains tax. If a gift is made through your will, you obtain significant estate tax benefits. A planned gift may enable you to satisfy personal financial planning needs in addition to providing Peirce College with important, long-term support. Some plans may provide income for life (or a term of years), an immediate income tax charitable deduction or avoidance of capital gains tax. If a gift is made through your will, you obtain significant estate tax benefits. For more information, visit http://peirce.plannedgiving.org.
Peirce College has established giving societies to recognize the different levels of gifts to the College. Membership is determined by the total annual gift, including matching gifts, received between July 1 and June 30 each year. To see our latest Honor Roll of Donors, click here»
- Thomas May Peirce Society: $25,000 and higher
- Chairman's Circle: $5,000 to $24,999
- President's Roundtable: $2,500 to $4,999
- Cornerstone Society: $1,000 to $2,499
- Blue and Gold Club: $500 to $999
- Benefactor: $250 to $499
- Friend of Peirce: $1 to $249
The 1865 Society recognizes alumni and friends who support Peirce College with planned gifts. Through their generosity and foresight, 1865 Society donors help to secure the future of the College through a variety of estate planning options. The 1865 Society honors individuals who have included Peirce in their estate planning and who have provided the College with documentation of their gift.
Meet the Office of Institutional Advancement:
Chief Alumni Engagement & Annual Giving Officer
1.888.467.3472, ext. 9003
KEEP IN TOUCH
To update your home and/or work information, please click here»
Please contact us at:
Office of Institutional Advancement
1420 Pine Street
Philadelphia PA 19102
Click here to email the Office»