Educational Opportunity Programs
The Walker Center for Academic excellence provides services to students through the support and funding of three Educational Opportunity Programs (EOPs):
These programs support the academic, personal, and career growth of students. Some Walker Center programs and services are available only to those students who meet the EOP eligibilty guidelines.
To find out if you are eligible to participate in any EOP, contact the Walker Center for Academic Excellence at 888.467.3472, x9251 or WCAE@peirce.edu.
Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Technical Grant
The Perkins Grant is a federal grant funded through the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Its mission is to strengthen the academic and technical skills of students in vocational majors. The primary goal of the Perkins program is to increase the number of students achieving a 2.5 or higher Grade Point Average (GPA) in academic and vocational coursework.
Programs and services for Perkins students include the following:
- international student services
- academic advising and counseling
- tutoring and Supplemental Instruction (SI)
- academic, career, leadership, and personal development workshops
- career development services
- cultural events
- Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society for students who meet the eligibility requirements
- an annual student leadership retreat
- the annual Walker Center for Academic Excellence awards ceremony