Degrees and Programs:
The Associate in Arts in General Studies program is designed for students who want a broad educational experience or who need a two-year degree for career advancement. The program prepares students for a variety of entry-level career positions and serves as a foundation for bachelor's degree completion in most fields of study.
The curriculum covers a wide range of courses including humanities, history, arts, English, social sciences, mathematics and technology. It allows for a well-rounded education in oral and written communication skills, critical thinking and analytical skills, and is applicable to all job types.
A Peirce General Studies degree is ideal for many students. For example, those who are undecided on their area of study and/or career path, as well as military and law enforcement personnel who want to gain promotion opportunities by furthering their education.
A General Studies degree combined with experience can help graduates advance from entry-level to more advanced positions in their chosen fields. It is also an important stepping stone to a bachelor's degree.
Some of the benefits of the Peirce General Studies program:
- Students can customize their degree to fit personal and professional interests through a large number of electives
- Online and on-campus study formats
- Accelerated classes
- Dedicated personal advisors provide strong academic and career support
- Small class sizes for the attention you want and need
- Career Development Services help students explore career opportunities
- Peirce will accept up to 30 transfer credits toward the Associate in Arts (half of the degree requirement)