How to Apply for Financial Aid

Tags: FinancialAid

Financial Aid:

How to Apply for Financial Aid


Peirce College believes that all students should be extended an opportunity to attend the college that best suits their academic and personal needs. Eligibility for most financial aid is based on financial need, which is determined using a formula established by the United States Congress Department of Education. If you are interested in applying for Federal and/or state financial assistance, please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Typically, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Be admitted to the College in a degree seeking program. The College does not admit students under the ability to benefit provision.
  • Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen.
  • Demonstrate financial need as determined by the federal methodology.
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
  • Register with Selective Service, if a male at least 18 years of age.
  • Not be in default on a loan made under any Title IV, HEA loan program or owe a repayment on any Title IV funds.
  • Be registered for the appropriate number of credits for the semester in which you are applying for financial aid.
  • Have a valid social security number or alien registration card

NOTE: Special students are not eligible for Federal or State financial assistance.


Students who are Pennsylvania residents must file their FAFSA by May 1st. Students are required to re-apply for financial aid annually. Financial aid is not an automatic process. Renewal Information is mailed to the address the student indicated on the prior year's FAFSA by the Department of Education. Peirce College students, who meet the eligibility requirement for the previous year, will be sent a Renewal Reminder e-mail. Workshops are provided to students in March and April to assist students with the completion of the FAFSA. Students are reminded through correspondences, flyers, posters and other means of the availability of the FAFSA application and deadlines. Students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA via the web.

If students have misplaced their PIN, they will need to request a duplicate. To request a duplicate pin, students may access the following site Parents of dependent students must have a PIN in order to sign the FAFSA form electronically. The financial aid staff cannot obtain the student's PIN. Students should review the Renewal Application, make the appropriate updates and submit the form to the processor by the priority date for priority consideration.

Financial Aid Application Assistance for Blind and Visually Impaired Students

We offer information to students on audio CD, in Braille, and on the Web. Our audio compact disc (CD), the Student Aid Audio Guide, is available to anyone who wants it. It can be played on any audio CD player, and it contains information on our federal student aid programs, application procedures, eligibility criteria, loan repayment options, and deferment and cancellation provisions. It also contains information on non-federal resources. (We will mail a CD to your school under separate cover.) If they prefer to listen online, students can also access the Audio Guide on the web by going to

Three of our print publications are also available in Braille:

The Student Guide: A booklet with detailed descriptions of the federal student financial aid programs. It is targeted to high school and college students and parents.

Funding Your Education (FYE): A booklet covering the essentials of the federal student financial aid programs (application procedures, eligibility requirements, etc.) It is targeted to high school students.

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): The form all students must complete when applying for the federal student aid programs administered by the Department of Education. The Braille FAFSA itself cannot be submitted. Students can use a Braille FAFSA as a reference aid.

To request Braille copies of these publications, students should call our Federal Student Aid Information Center toll-free at 1-800-433-3243. Student may also access both The Student Guide and Funding Your Education on the Web with a screen reader. For The Student Guide they can go to For Funding Your Education, they can go to The above-mentioned Braille FAFSA will help students complete the paper application. The FAFSA is also available electronically to students with screen readers at

Financial Aid Application Assistance for Deaf and Hearing-Impaired

Several of our major call centers have toll-free TTY numbers for deaf and hearing-impaired students. TTY access is available during the "operator-services" hours of operation. Students may contact our Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-730-8913. The Center provides general information on the federal student aid programs administered by the Department of Education and also assists students in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students may also call 1-800-730-8913 for help applying electronically. For assistance with their Direct Loans, students may contact our Borrower Services Center at 1-800-848-0983. Services provided include checking interest rates, updating account information, selecting a repayment plan, ordering deferment or forbearance forms, or discussing difficulties in making payments.For help in consolidating their loans through the Department, students may contact the Direct Loan Consolidation Department at 1-800-557-7395. Students may obtain a complete list of loans eligible for consolidation, request a loan consolidation application, or if they have already applied, check the status of their applications. We help put America through school and are committed to ensuring that visually impaired and hearing impaired students and their parents have access to our student aid information and services.

Contact Student Financial Services at:

Peirce College
Student Financial Services
1420 Pine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102-4699

888.467.3472, x9600
fax: 215.545.3671

Types of Aid
Student Financial Services Specialists