Health Information Technology
Through your coursework at Peirce, you will gain specialized scientific and technical skills - in line with American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) regulations - to secure an information management position at hospitals, insurance providers or even law offices. You will learn how to interpret and ensure the accuracy of healthcare data, understand and apply policies for medical record management and maintain patient data security - skills used in medical coordinator, documentation specialist or health information management director roles.
Completion of a CAHIIM accredited program is necessary in order to be eligible for the AHIMA professional Certification Exams including those exams required to obtain the RHIT and RHIA credentials.
The Peirce College Health Information Technology Program is in Candidacy Status pending accreditation review by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
Visit the CAHIIM website to view the 2012-13 schedule of CAHIIM site visits.
Coursework at Peirce equips graduates with specialized scientific and managerial skills in line with American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) competencies.
The Peirce Health Information Technology program provides:
- Access to the AHIMA Virtual Lab, which provides a number of applications currently used in the healthcare industry. Hands-on access helps ensure students are better prepared to enter careers
- Expertise in the classroom: faculty members hold prestigious positions in healthcare in the Greater Philadelphia region
- Networking opportunities for students: faculty are active at the local, state and national levels of the healthcare community
- Online and/or on-campus studies
- Accelerated seven and eight-week courses
- Student association for networking, skill-building and support
The NEW Associate in Science degree in Health Information Technology from Peirce College is designed for students seeking to enter or advance their current position in the healthcare industry, and combines an interest in healthcare, information technology and business.