Tags: Military


Achieve your education and career goals with the Peirce Protect & Serve® Grant!

Peirce honors the individuals and their families who protect and serve our country, and specializes in serving their academic needs. Through the Protect & Serve Grant, students can receive 25% off Peirce tuition. Grant awards are based on enrollment in a degree program.

Here's why every year, hundreds of military personnel, their families and dependents choose Peirce College to complete their education:

  • Associate and bachelor's degree programs in Business, Healthcare, Information Technology and Paralegal Studies.
  • Master of Science in Organizational Leadership & Management
  • The flexibility to attend classes online, or at our Center City Philadelphia campus, making it convenient to get your degree while working, or on active duty.
  • Accelerated degree programs with classes starting every month, so you can easily adjust your schedule should your needs change.
  • Support for a wide range of federal and state education benefits, grants, scholarships and financial aid programs.
  • Full accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, phone: 267-284-5000).
  • Peirce College is a Yellow-Ribbon School and is SOC (Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges) approved.

Transcript Evaluation

Your military experience may gain you college credit at Peirce College. The first step to claiming the credits you have earned is to request a transcript from your military branch. Peirce will review the transcripts submitted and provide you with a credit evaluation. For more information on requesting your transcripts, please see the links below:

Transcript Requests

Army: available to Soldiers, Reservists, veterans, ARNG members

Navy and Marine Corps
SMART transcript

Air Force
Community College of the Air Force transcript

Air National Guard
Contact your local Education Service Officer

Coast Guard
Coast Guard Institute CG Form 1564; Official USCG T

Veterans Benefits

Information Regarding Chapter Eligibility and Use of the Montgomery GI Bill:

Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)

Effective Date: August 1, 2009
The Post-9/11 GI Bill is for individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. For updated information regarding Chapter 33 please click here to visit the GI Bill website »

Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30)

You are eligible if you enlisted after July 1, 1985; served at least 2 years on Active Duty; your pay was reduced by $100 per month for the first 12 months of service; you have an honorable discharge; and you have not passed the 10-year delimiting date.

Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)

Veterans who suffered a service-connected disability while on active duty and need vocational rehabilitation as a result of their disability (normally 20% or greater) may be eligible for benefits. Contact the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor at the Federal Building, Harrisburg, PA, or call 717-221-3476 or 221-4445 or visit

For more information regarding Vocational Rehabilitation please contact Jeri Dmyterko, Manager, Billing and Accounts Receivable, at 1.888.467.3472, ext. 9120, or

Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserves (Chapter 1606)

You are eligible if you incurred a six-year enlistment in the Selected Reserves or the National Guard after July 1, 1985; completed initial active duty training; are serving in good standing in your unit; and you have not passed the 14-year delimiting date.

Montgomery GI Bill - Reserve Education Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)

You are eligible if you were a member of the Selected Reserves or the National Guard and were deployed in a contingency operation for 90 consecutive days or more.

Veteran's Education Assistance Program (Chapter 32) and Vietnam Era GI Bill (Chapter 34)

Eligibility depends on the dates of active duty service; amount contributed; and recent VA legislation. Call the VA at 888-442-4551 to determine your individual eligibility.

Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)

Dependents of veterans (spouses and children ages 18-26) are eligible if the veteran has a 100% service-connected disability or the veteran's death was service connected.

Verification of Enrollment each month - WAVE system

Veterans receiving Chapter 30, 1606 or Chapter 1607 MGIB Benefits can use WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment) to submit monthly verifications.

Your enrollment can be verified starting on the last calendar day of the month by using the VA's Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) at or by calling our toll free Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephone line at 1-877-823-2378

For more information regarding Vocational Rehabilitation please contact Jeri Dmyterko, Supervisor of Billing, at 1.888.467.3472, ext. 9120, or


Four easy steps will get you started:

  • Obtain a Department of Education PIN Number.
  • Complete the online FAFSA form (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) using your PIN. The Peirce College school code is 003309.
  • Submit a copy of your federal income tax return from the prior year to Student Financial Services.
  • Complete the new federal education loan process at to complete a new Entrance Counseling Interview and sign a new Master Promissory Note. You must have your FAFSA PIN number to sign in.

In Student Financial Services, our goal is to help students meet direct educational expenses, including tuition, fees, and book costs. To receive financial aid, students must demonstrate sufficient financial need and meet all applicable deadlines.

A typical aid package includes gift aid (grant and scholarship) and a student loan with low interest rates. Some students may be eligible for part-time work study employment on campus.

For additional information visit the Financial Aid webpage.

Tuition Assistance (TA)

TA is available for all branches of military service as listed below.

Army and Army Reserve:

Air Force / Air Guard:
Navy / Marines:
National Guard:
Coast Guard:

Provide the approved TA request form to Jeri Dmyterko, Manager, Billing and Accounts Receivable, at Peirce College: Email: Call: 1.888.467.3472, ext. 9120

Pennsylvania National Guard Education Assistance Program (EAP) - PA National Guard only

Pennsylvania Army National Guard and Pennsylvania Air National Guard members may be eligible for 100% tuition payments for full-time attendance (12 credits or more per semester) or 50% tuition payment for part-time attendance. Contact your unit of assignment for eligibility criteria and application forms. Guardsmen apply for this benefit through their unit (readiness NCO).


Peirce is a participating institution in the Department of Defense's expanded MyCAA program, which is now offering up to $4,000 to military spouses who are interested in pursuing degree programs, licenses or credentials leading to careers in high-growth, high-demand portable career fields. For more information on the MyCAA program visit



Application Deadline: May 1, 2013
Click here to download the National Guard Scholarship Application


  • Must be an active member in good standing of the National Guard or spouse of an active Guard Member from one of the following states: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland or Virginia.
  • Spouses of Active National Guard Members must include National Guard Member information.
  • Every applicant must complete the application and required essay.
  • The application must be signed by the applicant and the National Guard spouse if applicable and the Education Service Officer.

At least one of the five scholarships will always be awarded to a Pennsylvania Guard Member or spouse.

Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.

An Essay
The essay will be titled "My Career Aspirations and Reasons for Pursuing a Degree at Peirce College." You will be required to answer the following three questions:

  • Why Peirce College?
  • Why are you interested in pursuing your degree?
  • How do you believe a degree will help you succeed in your career?

Essay Requirements

  • Two to three pages
  • Double spaced
  • Times New Roman script
  • 12 point font size
  • One-inch top, bottom, and side margins

Award Amount: Full Tuition and Fees for a Peirce College degree

The recipient of the scholarship will receive full tuition and fees for up to ten (10) classes per academic year, for a total of 40 three-credit courses plus the required 1-credit orientation class. The recipient is required to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. All federal and state grants will be applied to their account first. The scholarship will be awarded unconditionally for the first year of study. Thereafter, the scholarship is renewable for each subsequent year of studies if the recipient remains in good standing. “Good standing” means the recipient receive no failing grade in any course, maintains a GPA of 3.00 or higher and remains an active member/spouse of the National Guard. The scholarship will become null and void if the recipient exits the College for a full calendar year or becomes inactive by not taking classes for one calendar year. The scholarship is renewable until completion of a bachelor's degree up to a maximum of six years.

To contact a Peirce Representative, please call 1.888.467.3472, ext. 9000, or click here to complete the web form.


The Grant applies to U.S. Citizens who actively serve in one of the capacities below, veterans and retired Protect and Serve personnel, and their spouses and dependent children. Follow the links to find out if you are eligible for financial aid through the Protect and Serve Grant, which reduces tuition 25% at Peirce College.


Peirce College offers merit-based and need-based scholarships to help students fund their educations. Where possible, we provide applications for scholarships on the Web. Applications are also available from your Academic Advisor or from Student Financial Services.

Each scholarship has a different set of requirements and application deadlines. To learn more about the scholarships that Peirce College offers visit
fax: 215-545-3671



How do I apply for Military Benefits?
To apply for your military benefits you will need to click on the following link and follow the directions.

How do I transfer my Military Benefits from my previous institution?
In order to transfer your military benefits from your previous institution you will need to click on the link below and complete the 22-1995 Request For Change of Program or Place of Training application.

Is Peirce accredited?
Peirce College, founded in 1865, is accredited through the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Our business administration program is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools (ACBSP) and Programs and our paralegal Studies program is approved by the American Bar Association (ABA).

Are there Peirce benefits for military spouses and family members?
Military spouses and dependants receive 25% off tuition at Peirce College

Does my military experience count as college credit?
Your military experience will be evaluated for college credit. Additional ways of receiving college credit may be done thru CLEP, DANTES, IT certifications, credit for work experience, portfolio assessment and credit by examination.

Does Peirce offer online classes?
The degree programs at Peirce are offered online as well as on our Philadelphia campus. Many students choose to combine on campus as well as on line classes.

What majors are offered at Peirce?
The degree programs at Peirce are offered online as well as on our Philadelphia campus. Many students choose to combine on campus as well as on line classes.

Can I get my transcript reviewed before I apply?
You may submit your transcripts any time to an admissions advisor who will give you an unofficial review of your credits.

Is Peirce a SOC college?
Peirce has shown it's commitment to the military student by being a long standing member of SOC.

Must I report my veteran's education benefits to the Student Financial Services Department?
Yes. You must report your estimated benefit on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You must report the number of months you will be receiving a benefit and the amount of the benefit based on the number of credits you are taking. For example, if you are a half-time student, report your half-time benefit. You may contact the Student Financial Services Department with any questions or concerns at 1.888.467.3472, ext. 9370.

What happens if I do not report my veteran's education benefits?
An estimated amount of veteran's education benefits may be entered in your financial aid resource package. This amount may be more or less than what you will receive and will affect the amount of financial aid you receive. It is in your interest to report your benefits accurately.

What happens to my financial aid if I have a change in enrollment or my VA benefits or I receive additional funds?
If you change enrollment, receive additional funding, or incur a change in the type and/or amount of VA benefits, your financial aid award may be adjusted and funds may need to be returned. You should notify Student Financial Services of any of these changes.

Admissions - Military Specialist

Denise A. Kerr, Enrollment Representative, Military Affairs
Phone: 888.467.3472, ext. 9388
Direct: 215.670.9388

Montgomery GI Bill

i. Denise A. Kerr, Veterans Affairs Certifying Official
Phone: 888.467.3472, ext. 9388
Direct: 215.670.9388

Billing Information & Financial Aid

Jeri Dmyterko, Manager, Billing & Accounts Receivable
Phone: 1.888.467.3472, ext. 9600

General Information

Admissions Department
Phone: 1.888.467.3472, ext. 9370


We are ready to make your dreams of earning a degree a reality.
Call 1.888.467.3472, ext. 9000

Click here to apply