Tips and Sample Questions
Test Taking Tips
- Relax. The results from Placement Test are used to help you create a successful academic plan. Once academic strengths and
areas of academic need are identified, an Enrollment Representative will assist you in developing an academic schedule.
- Carefully read the directions. When you are nervous, or just want to finish a test, sometimes you may read the directions
too quickly or simply skip them, thus missing information. Take time to read the directions thoroughly.
- Watch the clock and budget your time.
- If you are taking the test at home, make sure you have a distraction free environment. Once you begin the test, you cannot
close it and come back to it later.
- Think positively.
- Because the Placement Test uses multiple choice questions, please consider the following:
- If you are unsure about the correct answer(s), eliminate the answer(s) that you are sure are incorrect.
- If you are still not sure about the answer, come back to it after completing the rest of the test. When you come back, if
you are still unsure, make your best selection.