Wondering how best to continue your Community College of Philadelphia education and complete a bachelor's degree? Don't wait until you finish your associate degree to find out. Peirce College and Community College of Philadelphia's Dual Admissions agreement can save you money and help you make the most of your community college transfer credits. Learn how and get started today.
What Is Dual Admissions?
Dual Admissions is a partnership between Community College of Philadelphia (CCP) and Peirce College designed to help CCP students continue their education and complete a bachelor's degree in an affordable and efficient way.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements?
- Be a high school graduate or have a completed GED.
- Be enrolled at Community College of Philadelphia.
- Complete and submit a Dual Admissions Intent Form no later than the completion of 45 college level credits earned at Community College of Philadelphia or any other college/university.
- Graduate with at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average in an approved Community College of Philadelphia degree program.
- Enroll at Peirce College within one year of graduation and not attend another college or university after graduating from Community College of Philadelphia but before enrolling to Peirce.
What Are the Benefits of the Dual Admissions Program with Peirce College?
- Peirce College will waive its $50 application fee.
- Peirce College will award academic scholarships to Dual Admissions participants who graduate from Community College of Philadelphia with a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- The Dual Admissions Scholarship can be renewed up to four years as long as he/she maintains a cumulative GPA of 3.0 while attending Peirce College.
How Are Peirce College Courses Delivered?
Peirce students are able to complete classes online, on campus or can mix and match weekly to suit their schedule. Most classes are offered in an 8-week accelerated schedule.
- All classes are offered in Peirce Fit®that allows Peirce students to choose week-to-week to attend class on campus or online.
- Peirce is the only Philadelphia college to offer a competency-based program in Information Technology where the students earn credit for what they know and have the freedom to go at their own pace.
Is Peirce College Accredited?
Yes. Peirce College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, phone: 267-284-5000.
Does Peirce College Have Additional Degree Programs Approvals or Accreditations?
- The Paralegal Studies program is approved by the American Bar Association (ABA)
- The Business Administration and Accounting programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- The Associate in Science in Health Information Technology program and the Bachelor's of Science in Health Information Administration program are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
- The Bachelor's of Science in Human Resource Management was developed in alignment with Society for Human Resources (SHRM) guidelines.
Where Can Community College of Philadelphia Students Get Answers to Other Questions?
Community College of Philadelphia students should contact Tom Tschop at 215.670.9203 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.