After you enroll at Peirce College, you might be able to apply for Credit by Examination, or “test out” of certain courses. The guidelines you'll need to follow in order to receive Credit by Examination are listed below - keep in mind, that you won't be able to complete the process until you're registered and enrolled in classes at Peirce. Talk with an Admissions Representative to determine if this could be an option for you.
Credit by Examination Guidelines:
- Obtain prior written approval from your Academic Advisor
- You may only take the exam to test out of a course ONE TIME PER COURSE.
- You may not test out of a course that you previously completed with a grade lower than a C, an I(Incomplete), or a W(withdrawal)
- The non-refundable fee for Credit by Examination must be paid before scheduling the test with your Academic Advisor. If you do not successfully test out of the course, the fee will be credited toward future tuition charges at Peirce College within one calendar year from date of test out.
- The Credit by Examination fee should be paid through Student Financial Services.
- You must complete the test within the scheduled time and follow test-taking procedures as outlined by the test administrator.
COURSES AVAILABLE FOR CREDIT BY EXAM
- ACC 101: Accounting Principles I
- ACC 201: Financial Accounting I
- BUS 100: Introduction to Business
- ECO101: Macroeconomics
- ECO102: Microeconomics
- FIN 201: Introduction to Finance
- HIS 250: Global Cultures I
- HIT 100: Medical Terminology
- INT101: Introduction to International Business and Cultures
- MAT 102: College Algebra