Earn College-Level Credits for Your Experiences
A portfolio assessment provides a way for our students to earn college credits for job-related training and experience, non-job-related training, volunteer work, travel, hobbies, etc. After you enroll at Peirce, you'll be able to apply for Credit for Portfolio Assessment using the following process:
- Consult with the designated Faculty Chair/Program Manager prior to constructing the portfolio assessment document.
- Provide a personal resumé identifying the job held and specific responsibilities. Credit for Portfolio Assessment may be awarded for currently or previously held jobs.
- Submit a reference letter from the appropriate manager/supervisor documenting the nature, frequency, and duration of the portfolio assessment that is related to the course.
- Write an essay that demonstrates how the learning objectives for the course have been met by prior experience.
- Provide documentation such as job descriptions, certificates, examples/samples of work, awards, performance evaluations, licenses, dates and times of participation in the activity, letters or memos supporting participation, or anything else that would help to prove/confirm work experience.
Credit for Portfolio Assessment will not be applicable to legal specialty courses (PLG & LAW courses) or to health information management courses.
Think you might want to submit a portfolio to get credit for prior experience when you enroll at Peirce? Talk with an Admissions Representative to get more information.