Federal Work Study | Peirce College

Work Study

Work Study Programs

Work at Peirce while you earn your degree.

The term “Work Study” refers to the Federal College Work Study Program (FCWSP). It is a form of federal aid awarded by the Student Financial Services Office that allows full-time and part-time students to satisfy a portion of their documented financial need through part-time employment at the College while attending school.

Students are paid an hourly wage. These funds are NOT credited to your student account. If you take a Work Study job, you will receive a paycheck for the hours you work. Positions are limited and the College freezes hiring when we reach the maximum number of students allotted to us by federal funding.

Peirce College also participates in the Federal Work Study Community Service Program, which involves off-campus, part-time employment. Students may work off-campus for approved non-profit and/or government agencies.

To be eligible for the FCWSP, students must first qualify for financial aid. Once authorized, job opportunities specifically within the College are posted in the Career Development Services Peircelink job tool. All students accepted for FCWSP positions are required to complete a training program on office procedures and professional etiquette prior to starting their assignment.

To learn more about the program, email us at cds@peirce.edu, visit us in the Career Development Services center, sixth floor, College Hall or call us at 1.888.467.3472, ext. 9202.

To find out if you are eligible for FCWSP, contact Student Financial Services at 1.888.467.3472, ext. 9600.