Health Information Technology
The Associate in Science degree in Health Information Technology from Peirce College is designed for students seeking to enter or advance their current position in the healthcare industry, and combines an interest in healthcare, information technology, and business. Through your coursework at Peirce, you will gain specialized skills - in line with American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) regulations - to secure an information management position at hospitals, insurance providers, or even law offices. You will learn how to interpret and ensure the accuracy of healthcare data, understand and apply policies for medical record management, and maintain patient data security - skills used in medical coordinator, documentation specialist, or health information management director roles.
The Peirce HIT program is fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). Completion of a CAHIIM accredited program is required to take the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) professional Certification Exams, including exams required for RHIT and RHIA credentials.
Coursework at Peirce equips graduates with specialized scientific and managerial skills in line with AHIMA competencies.
The Peirce Health Information Technology program provides:
- Access to the AHIMA Virtual Lab, which provides a number of applications currently used in the healthcare industry. Hands-on access ensures students are better prepared to enter the workforce after graduation
- Expertise in the classroom: faculty members hold prestigious positions in healthcare in the Greater Philadelphia region
- Networking opportunities for students: faculty are active at the local, state, and national levels of the healthcare community
- Online and/or on campus studies
- Accelerated seven-and eight-week courses
- Student association for networking, skill-building and support
Click here to learn more about jobs in the Health Information Management field.
Click here for salary information for Health Information Professionals.