Earning Credit for your Military Training 

Peirce College has a long history of serving veterans and active-duty service members. The College was originally founded to advance the education of veterans returning from the Civil War. Today, we continue our dedication to serving veterans and active-duty students as well as their family members.

For veterans and active-duty students, this typically begins with an evaluation of their military training.

Veterans and service members in the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps and the U.S. Coast Guard should submit a Joint Services Transcript (JST) as record of their military training. 

Veterans and service members of the U.S. Air Force should submit a transcript from the Community College of the Air Force with community college credits awarded for military training. 

You can also transfer credit earned at other regionally accredited institutions, including community colleges and four-year institutions, and for select professional certifications and law enforcement training. 

At Peirce, you can also earn credit for credits earned via DSST exams (formerly known as DANTES) as well as CLEP exams, and other courses that have been recommended for credit by the American Council on Education’s (ACE).

For more information on earning credit for your military training, and other ways to earn credit for what you already know, contact an admissions representative at 1.888.467.3472, ext. 9000.

Peirce College reserves the right in its sole discretion to award transfer credits for DSST and CLEP credits when applicable to a student's chosen degree program. Transfer credits from CLEP and DSST exams do not impact a student's GPA.

Request Information Image

Looking For Program-
Specific Information?