Grants for adult students & adult learners at Peirce College

Peirce College Grants

A grant is a needs-based form of aid that our adult students don't have to repay.

Grants for Our Students & Working Adults

Grants are made available by the federal and state governments, as well as by institutions like Peirce College, to provide funding for students based on financial need. With many of our students being adult learners, we know just how much a grant can assist them with achieving a college degree. Review the list of grants below to find out how you can apply for funding, or contact our Student Financial Services department for more information.

Government Educational Grants

Federal Pell Grant

This grant is awarded to full-time and part-time undergraduate students who demonstrate exceptional financial need, based on the student's Expected Family Contributions (EFC). Awards vary based on the number of enrolled credits and range from $353 through $5,645 per year. There is a limit to the number of semesters you can receive these funds.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

This award is offered to full-time and part-time students who demonstrate financial need, and are eligible for the Pell Grant. The actual awards vary based on the number of enrolled credits and range from $200 through $4,000 per year. This fund is limited and the annual amount the College can offer is determined by the Federal government.

Pennsylvania State Grant (PHEAA)

This grant is awarded based on financial need to Pennsylvania residents who are accepted into an undergraduate program and who enroll for at least six credits each semester. Funds are limited and change from year to year. Awards vary based on the number of enrolled credits and range from $100 through $3,712 per year. If you have received a notice from PHEAA please note this is only the first step, as the college or university you are attending must verify that you meet the state’s other requirements.

Pennsylvania Summer State Grant

To be eligible for this grant, students must be Pennsylvania residents and enrolled at least half-time. Awards will be made in July. Applications are available at

Please note that your grant may be reduced or eliminated if you are receiving other outside aid and/or Peirce College funds that cover tuition.

Peirce Protect and Serve® Grant

Who automatically qualifies for this grant at Peirce College?

  • U.S. Military
  • Active or Retired Armed Forces
  • Air Force
  • Army
  • Navy
  • Marines
  • Coast Guard
  • Reserves
  • National Guard
  • The Fraternal Order of Police
  • Active or Retired Firefighters
  • Corrections personnel
  • Emergency Medical Technician personnel

If you are a U.S. citizen and serve in one of the capacities listed, you, your spouse and dependent children are eligible for financial aid through our Protect and Serve Grant.

The Protect and Serve Grant award level is 25% of tuition for all qualified students. Students can take courses on campus in Philadelphia and/or online. Get the details on how Protect and Serve grant funds are applied by contacting our Military Support Team.

This grant for our adult students is available to both undergraduate and graduate students.

Alumni Discount and Sibling Grant

The Alumni and Sibling Grants are contingent upon the applicant meeting all of the following eligibility requirements:

To be eligible, the applicant must:

  • Provide documentation of a parent’s, sibling’s, grandparent’s or spouse’s graduation status
  • Provide documentation proof of their relationship to alumni and/or sibling
  • Meet all of the College’s admission standards and qualifications before being eligible for the grant

The grant allows for the following discounts:

  • $1600 for 12 credits or more
  • $800 for 6-11 credits
  • $400 for 1-5 credits

These grants will be applied for tuition only. Alumni Grant - Peirce College allows children, grandchildren and spouses of a Peirce alumnus to apply for an Alumni Grant. Sibling Grant - Peirce College allows siblings of a Peirce alumnus to apply for a Sibling Grant.