The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial support to full-time undergraduate students in a degree-granting course of study, in good academic standing, and whose financial needs cannot be met by other aid programs.
Award: annual award of up to $7000
- Be a US citizen, US national or US permanent resident
- Enrolled full time in an undergraduate degree-granting course of study
- A permanent resident of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery or Philadelphia county OR the City of Camden, New Jersey (out of state students who gain residency status due to their college enrollment are not eligible for this scholarship)
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or better
- Have an unmet financial need after all other sources of financial aid have been applied.
Interested students must submit a completed application by August 1, 2018 using the Scholarship Application website.
Applicants must also submit two (2) letters of recommendation and a short essay to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Letters of recommendation should be submitted by a faculty member, community leader, and/or employer and address the following questions:
- What are your impressions of the candidate’s character and maturity?
- How do you regard him/her as a person, compared to contemporaries?
- What are the student’s strengths?
The scholarship essay must be one (1) page typed and respond to the following questions:
- What challenges do you face in pursuit of an education at Peirce College?
- How will you use this education for the betterment of yourself and the enrichment of others?
Students awarded the scholarship are required to write a thank you letter to the donor within three weeks of receiving the scholarship. Failure to do so many result in the loss of the scholarship. Additional information about this will be communicated to the student once the scholarship has been awarded. Students awarded the scholarship must maintain the required GPA and full-time enrollment status.
There are a limited number of scholarships available.
Deadline: August 1, 2018