Using Your VA Benefits at Peirce 

First, Activate Your VA Benefits 

If you have not yet activated your benefits, you need to determine what VA benefits you have.

Determining your VA benefits program is important because only the Post-9/11 GI Bill® and the Veteran Readiness & Employment (VR&E) Program pay for tuition up-front. Every other chapter reimburses tuition, which can affect your choices when applying for financial aid.

View all VA benefit chapters.

Learn more about VA eligibility

To apply for your VA benefits: 

  • Veterans and service members: submit VA Form 22-1990 through the VA website. 
  • Dependents using transferred benefits: submit VA Form 22-1990e through the VA’s Veterans Online Application.

Once submitted, the VA will send the application to the appropriate regional office for processing. If your application is approved, the VA will activate your benefits and provide a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), verifying the details of your benefits, such as length of benefit and delimiting dates, if applicable.

If you have already activated your benefits: 

If you are using the Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) Program, speak to your VA Counselor about changing schools.

This step is crucial, as VA counselors are directly responsible for payment of tuition and will also discuss educational goals related to a change of school. Once the change is agreed upon, the counselor will then submit an electronic authorization, directly to Peirce College.

For All Other VA Programs
Submit a Change of Institution Application

Submitting a VA Form 22-1995 through the VA website will notify the VA that you wish to change your home (degree-seeking) institution to Peirce College, upon which they will then provide you with an updated Certificate of Eligibility (COE).


Contact us at or 215.670.9214.

Considering Federal Financial Aid?

You may want to consider applying for financial aid if your benefits do not cover the cost of tuition up-front, or if you know only part of the cost of tuition will be covered. This is done by filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

Peirce College provides a Net Price Calculator, which is designed to help you estimate the cost of attending Peirce College and how much financial aid you may qualify for. 



Contact us at or 215.670.9214.


"GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Veteran Success Stories

Veterans Success Stories


Business Adminstration

Powered By Peirce
Request Information Image

Looking For Program-
Specific Information?