Yes! Study.com students receive a 25% tuition discount on all Peirce courses, and also receive a $50 application fee waiver.
Study.com allows students to pay a membership fee and then take low cost, video-based courses that are then approved for college credit by the American Council on Education. For students who are self-directed and highly motivated, these courses can provide a faster, more efficient way to demonstrate college-level knowledge and earn college credits. Credits earned through approved Study.com courses can then be applied to Peirce College bachelor’s degree programs.
For many Study.com courses, you can skip through the parts you already know, thanks to a placement test at the start of the course. This will allow you to finish the course modules faster and get right to the proctored exam. Peirce also offers several options for prior learning assessment, which can save time and money. The College offers a range of exams that can award you credit for college-level knowledge, and also accepts all ACE-approved CLEP exams. For more test-out options for subject areas you already know, download our Guide to Saving Time & Money.
A full breakdown of how Study.com works is available on their website
More than 175 Study.com courses are accepted for credit at Peirce College and map to our bachelor’s degree programs. For a full listing, consult our list of course equivalencies
Determine which Peirce College degree you would like to earn, and then contact a Study.com Success Coach at 855.777.4721 to start building a degree plan. They’ll give you advice on what courses to take and how to maximize your transfer credits at Peirce.
You can also reach out to your personal Peirce Enrollment Specialist at 215.670.9331.
Your costs depend on:
- whether you have any transfer credits that can be applied to your Peirce degree, including courses you have completed at other regionally accredited colleges or universities and professional or military training you have completed
- the number of Study.com courses you complete and apply to your Peirce degree
- the number of Peirce College courses you need to take to complete your degree
Some Peirce College bachelor’s degree programs require students to take 19 credits via Peirce courses and others require students to take 30 credits via Peirce courses. The number of credits you will take with Peirce will depend on the personalized degree map you build with your Enrollment Specialist.
Study.com students receive a 25% tuition discount, which works out to $450 a credit. Study.com students also receive a $50 application fee waiver. Fees vary by program and situation but could include some of the following:
- Services Fee: $330 per semester
- Credit by Examination (per course): $350
- Credit for Work Experience (per course): $350
- Credit for Portfolio Assessment (per course): $350
- Course Audit Fee: $200
- Graduation Fee: $75
- Associate Business Program Assessment Test Fee: $18
- Bachelor's Business Program Assessment Test Fee: $36
- Payment Plan Fee (per semester): $35
- Return Check Fee (per check): $25
- Transcript Fee (per transcript): $5 (paper copy)/$6 (electronic copy)
- Diploma Reorder Fee: $50
- Late Payment Fee (per month for balance due): 1%