Eager to Make a Difference in the World – Meet Olivia Bannister

From trade school to trade school, Olivia Bannister continued to bounce from one education track to the next never really understanding the importance of finishing a degree. However, in 2012, that all changed when Olivia decided it was time to enhance her mind and inspire her kids by going back to school.

“I could feel myself not succeeding in life. I knew I needed to go back to school to stimulate my mind, gain a firm foundation of education, and to show my kids no matter how old you are, it is never too late to earn a degree,” said Olivia.

After a search online, Olivia quickly discovered Peirce College and their dedication to assisting adult learners earn the degree they need to succeed. “One of the main reasons I decided on Peirce was because of the College’s focus on helping adults go back to school. Additionally, Peirce’s flexibility within each degree program caught my attention.”

Combining the program’s flexibility with her desire to expand her knowledge, Olivia enrolled in Peirce’s Bachelor of Science in Accounting program.

After working hard balancing all her responsibilities as a mother, employee, and student, Olivia finished her first degree in May of 2017.

Olivia decided she was still eager to learn and grow more with her education and re-enrolled at Peirce in the Master of Science in Healthcare Administration program.

“You hear the term ‘Healthcare Administration’ frequently in the healthcare community,” said Olivia who explained how this was where she could see her career going. Thanks to the curriculum at Peirce, Olivia immediately started gaining knowledge and experience discovering her passion for the field.

Olivia said she owes a lot of her positive experience at Peirce to her professors and advisor who helped motivate, guide, and teach her along the way, “One part of my education I value the most is the life lessons I learned from each professor in my undergraduate and graduate program,” explained Olivia. “I have gained so much experience in the programs and I owe a major part of that to my Advisor, Dr. DeVida Rembert.”

Twelve classes later, Olivia proudly finished her next degree in December of 2019 and is officially a Class of 2020 graduate. She currently works for a brokerage company and is excited at the idea of taking her new degree into the community to make a difference thanks to the many avenues she is able to pursue with a Master of Science in Healthcare Administration.

As Olivia reflects back on her time as a student at Peirce, she shares some wisdom for all those considering going back to school. She said, “What really helped me complete both of my degrees at Peirce College was staying focused and surrounding myself with people who had the same goals as I did. Additionally, I treated school like a job by taking it very seriously. I knew my ultimate goal was to better myself and family and that allowed everything else to fall into place.”

Congratulations to Olivia on all of her accomplishments! Peirce College wishes her the best as she takes her degrees out into the world and helps make it a better place.

Check back to the blog soon for more Class of 2020 stories as we countdown to commencement!

• Prev Post
  • Next Post

LeaveComment