Journey To Commencement: Julissa Boglio-Garcia

Commencement is one day away! We are thrilled to highlight some of our upcoming graduates and share their stories, in their own words, with our Journey to Commencement series.

Today’s feature is Julissa Boglio-Garcia, a graduate of the Bachelor of Science in Health Administration program.

“I began my educational journey at Community College of Philadelphia (CCP) as a part-time student in 2015. I enrolled at CCP to complete my prerequisites for nursing. I graduated with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) and applied to many nursing schools but was not accepted. I learned that I might have a better chance getting into nursing school if I completed my bachelor’s degree so I started researching schools and found Peirce College. After I requested information, April Dunlap called me and we began the enrollment process.

Being a student at Peirce, provided me with an opportunity to complete my degree while being a mother of three and working full-time. Finishing my degree at Peirce was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. As a first-generation student, I am excited to graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration and make my family proud. I am proud to say that I’ve made it to the Dean’s List multiple times. Although it was difficult balancing all my responsibilities, I pushed myself to do my best and I made it happen.

Thank you to my advisor, April Dunlap, who has been amazing this whole time, and to Dr. Penrod and Professor Nickelsburg, who were always there when I needed them. Recently, I was accepted into the nursing program at Rutgers University in Camden and I’m in my second semester in the BSN Accelerated program.”

Thank you, Peirce College, for making one of my dreams come true.

• Julissa Boglio-Garcia
  • Prev Post
  • Next Post

LeaveComment