The 1865 Law Journal Editor And Paralegal Studies Graduate: Meet Lisa Effrig Lagreca

As part of our series, introducing the student-editors of The 1865: the Peirce College Law Journal, today’s feature is Lisa Effrig Lagreca, a Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies Peirce graduate. Check out our interview below to learn more about Lisa Effrig Lagreca.

Where are you from? I am a Bucks County native; however, I currently live in Montgomery County where I am raising my family.

What is your educational background (after high school)? After high school, I initially used my education as a licensed cosmetologist to pursue a career as a hairstylist in Pennsylvania and New York. Thereafter, I attended the College of West Virginia in pursuit of an accounting degree, which unfortunately, I had to sacrifice my education and work full-time to support my two young children. I shifted towards a professional career as an administrative assistant. After ten years, my family grew, and I became a domestic engineer and focused on raising my four children and volunteered in my community at my children’s schools, two catholic parishes, and elder communities.

What degree are you pursuing, and what are your plans after obtaining your degree? After 20 years of marriage, I had to reinvent myself and decided to pursue my lifelong dream of a college education and enrolled in the paralegal studies program at Bucks County Community College (BCCC) in 2017 and transferred to Peirce College in 2019. Finally, after six years, I achieved a Bachelor of Science degree in Paralegal Studies and became a Pennsylvania certified paralegal through Keystone Alliance.

During my educational journey I worked for some great law firms. My legal background is in intellectual property law, real estate, land use and zoning, right-to-know law, estate planning, criminal law, and general litigation; I specialize in land development and municipal law with a concentration in corporate law. I currently work in land development at Metropolitan Companies as an in-house paralegal.

What was the best part of your educational journey? The best part of my educational journey was my participation in the first ever mock trial competition at BCCC. As President of the paralegal club, I helped to bring my idea of a mock trial competition to fruition and the club won “Best Program of the Year.” I also enjoyed being able to experience “student life” on a college campus as an adult.

What do you enjoy about the legal profession? I enjoy being able to use my education to help people.

What is your best skill related to the law? My best skills relative to the law are as follows: I am a good listener and understand legal objectives; I possess strong legal research and writing abilities; and I possess strong organization and time management proficiency.

What are your hobbies and interests? I am very excited to start enjoying my hobbies and interests again, which are gardening, interior design/remodeling, running, spinning, and spending time with my growing family. 

Congratulations on all of your accomplishments and hard work on the law journal, Lisa!

For more information about The 1865 Law Journal and how to submit articles, please visit peirce.edu/1865Law.

• Prev Post
  • Next Post

LeaveComment