A Mother, Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women Recipient, and Full-Time Caseworker: Meet Tiffany David

As part of our series highlighting our Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women winners, today’s featured winner is Tiffany David. 

Tiffany started her journey at Peirce College after graduating from the Community College of Philadelphia in 2022. She learned about Peirce from her co-worker who was familiar with the programs. She wanted to continue her education to gain respect and grow in her field. 

After researching our programs, she applied because of the online and flexible classes, tuition discount she received through Peirce’s Corporate Partnership program, and the ease of transferring credits. Because of her career experience and degree from CCP, she decided to enroll in the Bachelor’s of Science in Human Services Leadership program, which made the best use of all of her associate degree credits. 

Peirce’s Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership prepares graduates for leadership roles at human service agencies and graduate-level study. With the ability to transfer in up to 102 credits, students like Tiffany can utilize all of the credits they earned through previous college courses, work experience, military training, and more.

Tiffany describes her transfer credit process as a huge relief. “My advisor took care of everything,” she said. “It made the overall schooling time shorter which alleviated a lot of stress in my life.”

A big part of Tiffany’s motivation for continuing her education is providing the best life for her 6-year old son. While being a single mom, she also works multiple jobs to support her son and is challenged by finding time to complete her schoolwork. She keeps moving forward by prioritizing her courses and remembering that her hard work will be worth it in the end. 

“I just keep moving forward and reminding myself this will all pay off one day,” she said.

To help relieve the financial stress, she applied for the Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women. She made it her goal to apply to as many scholarships as possible to lessen the number of loans she needed. Being awarded this scholarship was a big step towards lightening her financial load. 

How will she use the scholarship? “I want to pay for my classes this semester with the scholarship,” she said. “Also I hope to purchase a new laptop for schoolwork.”

Tiffany speaks highly when she describes her experience at Peirce. 

“Peirce has helped me to stop procrastinating and has taught me how to manage my time,” she said. “I have been learning a lot of new things through my courses that are preparing me to be a leader one day.”

Currently, Tiffany works in the drug and alcohol field as a caseworker. In the future, she plans to continue to move up in the field. 

And for all her fellow Peirce students and the working adults considering going back to school, Tiffany has some advice: “Do it! Get your degree so you get the salary you deserve. It’s a lot of work but, in retrospect, it’s really just a short period in your life.”

Congratulations on all of your accomplishments, Tiffany!

• Prev Post
  • Next Post

LeaveComment