A Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women Recipient, Mother of Three, And Full-Time Human Resources Specialist: Meet Heather McCarron

As we continue our series highlighting the Peirce College students who were named winners of the Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women, today’s feature is Heather McCarron.

As an employee of the City of Philadelphia, Heather learned about Peirce College from an information session held for employees who were interested in returning to college. After learning about Peirce’s accelerated classes and the Peirce Fit® option, she felt that it was the right college for her. 

In February 2021, she enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. She chose Peirce’s business program because it covers a broad range of employment areas. And thanks to Peirce’s stackable program model, she completed her Associate in Science in Business Administration in December 2022, with a 4.0 GPA, as an extra credential to add to her resume. She is also using the stackable model to gain additional certifications.

“I currently work in human resources, so I am using my elective credits to also graduate with a Certificate in HR Management,” she said.

As a wife and mother of three girls, she was inspired to continue her education to show her youngest daughter the importance of education. Her daughter showed no interest in attending college after high school, but now, seeing how difficult it is to work full-time, raise a family, and attend school, she has changed her outlook on attending college.

While balancing her full-time job and schoolwork is tough, Heather credits the support she receives from her husband with helping to get it all done. 

“I am grateful to have a helpful and caring husband who has been my rock while I am trying to hold things together,” she said.

Heather first heard about the Paradigm Scholarship from her childhood friend, who was a proud recipient of this scholarship last year and encouraged her to apply. Once she received the email from Peirce, she knew she had to apply because the scholarship is geared towards working women pursuing their educational goals. She knew that winning the scholarship would take a huge financial burden off of her family. 

“I plan to use this scholarship to help pay for additional credits so that I can continue to take classes every semester, including summer,” she said.

Heather speaks highly when she describes her experience at Peirce. “I have had a great experience with Peirce so far,” she said. “Everyone I’ve come in contact with has been understanding and very helpful.”

Currently, Heather works as an Human Resources Compensation and Benefits Specialist. In the future, she plans to use her business degree to continue her career path in human resources.

And for all her fellow Peirce students and the working adults considering going back to school, Heather has some advice, “Do not put it off! It might be a huge burden, but it will pay off in the end.”

Congratulations on all of your accomplishments, Heather!

• Prev Post
  • Next Post

LeaveComment